What is the Good Food Box
The Good Food Box is a large buying club that operates once a month. You pay a set price at the beginning of each month at a site location. Then a few weeks later you pick up your quality fresh fruits and vegetables.
Why should I join this kind of co-op?
- You will receive a wonderful variety of vegetables and fruit at wholesale prices.
- The program supports local farmers.
- The more people who buy the better value you get.
- It is a way you can help make healthier choices easier for your family.
- Healthy eating helps prevent disease and reduces health care costs. This benefits individuals and society as a whole.
About the Krasman Good Food Box Program
- Anyone who eats can purchase a Good Food Box.
- There are two sizes available: small $10 and large $15
- Cash payment must be received at the time of placing an order by no later than the 5th day of each month. You can prepay up to six months in advance.
- All orders must be picked up on the 3rd Thursday of each month. Orders not picked up are donated to people in need in our community
- If we have your email address we will send monthly pick up reminders.
- The content of the monthly box varies by what is in season and reasonably priced. We strive to include as much local produce as possible to support farmers in our community.
- The Good Food Box Program is operated by community organizations and volunteers who work hard to make fresh, high quality fruits and vegetables available to everyone in our community.
- The new Good Food Box Program will operate somewhat differently from what you may have experienced in the past. The Krasman Centre has implemented the use of organic, biodegradable cloth bags for use with the Good Food Box. You will receive two reuseable bags (while quantities last) upon your first pick up. It is our hope that you will bring these or other reuseable bags with you on your next and every subsequent pick up day to pack your Good Food Box. We are also offering a prepackage service where we will prepack your good food box in a cardboard box. If you wish to choose the prepackage option please let us know of an approximate pickup time when you place your order so we will have it ready for your arrival.
Good Food Box Order Locations:
Orders can be placed and prepaid for by the 5th of the month at the following locations
during regular business hours:
The Krasman Centre – 17 Paris St. (Alliston)
The Clothes Line – 55 Victoria St. West
Essa Public Library, 8505 County Rd. 10, Unit 1, Angus
Living Hope Fellowship, 52 Brian Ave. Angus
Pick-up Location & Time:
Alliston ~ The Krasman Centre, 17 Paris St. Alliston ~ 12pm to 6pm
Angus ~ Pinewoods Chapel office, 18 King st., Angus ~ 1pm to 4pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Can I pay in advance for more than one month?
A1: Yes, customers can pay up to six months in advance. Upon payment you will receive the appropriate amount of pickup receipts.
Q2: What are the actual days when orders must be placed each month as well as the actual date of pick-up?
A2: The schedule for ordering is ALWAYS by the 5th of the month and delivery is ALWAYS the third Thursday of the month.
Q3: What if the 5th day of the month falls on a holiday – how do I get my order in?
A3: The 5th day is the last to place your order for each month. You can place your order anytime of the month, however, the 5th is the cut off date to help with administration and placing the order with the wholesaler.
Q4: I don’t want to get a box every month.
A4: As a customer, you have the flexibility to order a box only in the months you want or need one.
Q5: What if something comes up and I can’t make it during the pick-up times of 12pm to 6pm on the 3rd Thursday?
A5: Give your pick up receipt to a friend or family member to pick it up for you. If possible give us a call ahead of time at 705-435-0054 ext. 113 to avoid confusion.
Q6: Can I choose the fruits and veggies that go in my box?
A6: No, you can’t pick and choose the items because of the bulk buying format we follow to get the best possible price.
Q7: What if I don’t like or don’t want some of the fruits or vegetables being offered.
A7: Let us know you are leaving something behind and we will do our best to donate it to someone in need in our community.
Q8: I use a local Food Bank and I’m afraid the Good Food Box will affect my ability to access free food.
A8: Purchasing a Good Food Box will not affect your
eligibility with local Food Banks. Information on Good Food Box customers is confidential and will not be shared with service providers or local charities.
Q9: Who can purchase a Good Food Box?
A9: If you eat – you can order a Good Food Box. This community program is open to everyone!