The drop-in is a safe and supportive place that emphasizes helping individuals feel autonomous. The centre helps people help themselves, and one another. It is a place where there are no demands and no pathologizing – where one can just relax, enjoy and experience what the peer recovery movement has to offer.
Within the drop-in we also offer the following resources:
- Information, resources, access and referral to a variety of mental health recovery related topics
- Training, education and skills building
- Computer/Internet access, phone/fax/photocopier use for consumer/survivors and self-help initiatives
- Workshops and groups promoting creativity such as arts and crafts, poetry, and book club
- Basic needs for people experiencing homelessness: kitchen, assistance with winter needs, shower (Richmond Hill), laundry (Richmond Hill), etc.
***The Krasman Centre is excited to announce extended hours for the Richmond Hill Drop In Centre during the winter months.
New extended hours
Mondays 10:30am- 9:00pm
Effective: Sunday, December 11, 2016
Ending: Monday, March 27, 2017
If you would like more information on specific events, please access our calendars and bulletin from the “events” tab.
Click this link to view our flyer
Richmond Hill Krasman Centre Brochure RH
Alliston centre brochure Alliston