The drop-in is a safe and supportive place that emphasizes helping individuals feel autonomous. The centre helps people help themselves, and one another. It is a place where there are no demands and no pathologizing – where one can just relax, enjoy and experience what the peer recovery movement has to offer.
Within the drop-in we also offer the following resources:
- Information and resources about variety of mental health recovery related topics
- Training, education and skills building
- Computer/Internet access, phone/fax/photocopier use for consumer/survivors and self-help initiatives
- Workshops and groups promoting creativity such as arts and crafts, poetry, and book club
- Basic needs for people experiencing homelessness: kitchen, assistance with winter needs, shower (Richmond Hill), laundry (Richmond Hill), etc.
If you would like more information on specific events, please access our calendars and bulletin from the “events” tab.